Friday Night, June 20, 2008

It’s 11:00 on Friday night. We’re back from “Pizza night”. Our suitcases are almost all packed. We’ve left the office as prepared as we can and made arrangements for the house, the dog and the guacamayo. We’ve successfully gone through weeks of the CADIVI process to get our 500 Euros each. We have our passports, tickets, travel insurance…. I think we’re ready. We’re off to sail the Mediterranean from Barcelona to the Baleares with our friends and hosts Captain Jacques Baré and his first (and only) mate Clara. They’ve done this before (Thank God!), but it’s a first for Ralph and me. First time in Barcelona, first time in the Baleares, first time spending two weeks on a sailboat. I can’t wait!!

I don’t know what our plans are after Sunday night once we manage to meet up with Jacques and Clara at the marina in Barcelona. They are coming in by sea from France. We are spending the next two days traveling from Maracaibo to Caracas to Madrid to Barcelona. Once we survive that the rest of the trip should be pure joy – until we have to come back by the same route.

Randy is excited because he will be spending two weeks at “Belen’s house”. He really has no idea where we will be. He thinks he’s going off to stay at his grandmother’s house and leaving us behind. He’s been asking for days when he will leave. His DVD player, accordion and harmonica are all stowed away in his suitcase – and I’m sure there are other things he’s added that I don’t know about.

Whatever it is we’re going to forget is pretty much forgotten by now. We have some time in the morning for last minute emergencies – but by noon we will (hopefully) be on the way to our Mediterranean adventure. I can't say how many chances we will have to be on-line, but I will keep up my log and post whenever I can. By July 6th we´ll be back here in Maracaibo with all the pictures taken, all the stories to share and all the memories to treasure forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keepin my eye on you...
jim